Monday 20 April 2015

Profit taking April2015

Most of the markets have risen by more than 20%, and this has also result in most of the stock counters rised by as much, if not much more. At this point of time, it is definitely tempting to take some money of the table. Thus I have taken profit from 2 counters and the reasons for doing so below.

Suntec Reit
Most of the readers know that this is one of my favourite stock, and thus it took a while for me to decide to sell. Luckily, that 'while' did not result in more downside of the price. I am still learning to overcome the emotional element despite the fact that TA has indicated a sell in the mid-term.
The chart above shows that it has tested the 200MA few times and 50MA has turned down, indicating a trend change in mid term. On the left, noticed the 2 gap down, it has not successful in overcoming these gaps since. At 14% gain, I decided to take profit.

China
I have spoken about China ETF last year and had taken a position then. I have taken the position at the time when there were many bad news about China, remember there were news about bubble in the making, properties going to crash, trade and GDP is dwindling, etc. China also initiated the cross trading with Hong Kong, and for months, this initiative was treated lukewarm by many investors. However, in the past few months, all these changed. There have been news about multi-folds of brokerage accounts opened, everyone is talking about stock market, even China 'Da Ma' now speculates in shares, like they have done in buying Gold. It has got a good run, and at 30% profit, I decided to lock down my gains. I sold partial and left some to see where it will be heading as we should not underestimate the Chinese market. Looking back, I guess the good time to buy was when nobody was interested and in midst of many bad news.

Time to relook at Russia?? :)

Related posts:
1. Time to relook at Chinese market
2. Stock watch: Suntec Reit

No comments: