Saturday 29 November 2014

Singapore REITs still cheap ?

For those who had been thinking of investing into REITs, you would probably have noticed most of the REITs counters have started trending up since middle of the year. REITs are one of my favourite sector which I like to invest, as one is able to see and visit the property portfolio that they hold, and it is simple to understand. Just last week, I have the same question asked by 2 different friends, if it is a good time to invest into REITs, they were looking at Suntec and Lippomall.

One of the good link to check on REITs data is from 'mystockinvesting.com', you may check the link here for latest data on REITs. From the table, one would noticed that there is not much discount to NAV. For me, a huge discount is my first and important selection criteria before I looked at the rest of the criteria.

Below are 2 of my previous posts on how I select the REITs counter:

 Remember early this year, we had a minor correction on the REITs when there were many news about how rising interest rates is going to affect their loans and also the share price. At that time, I shared with a colleague that I was looking at REITs, and he told me the same thing. Below is the chart for Suntec REIT, one of the counter which I shared with him. Just last week, he asked me if it is a good time to buy. I told him there is not much safety margin now and I don't know :)


No comments: